Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A shared experience and more

First of all, thank you so much for those who provided their support and understanding! I was very touched! It definitely makes a world of a difference and all of a sudden the solitude is more bearable when your experience is shared and understood by others.

This episode made me realized how homesick I was and I jumped on buying one of the airfare deals that Air Canada had. I miss tremendously the familiar and my friends. Even if it is for few days, I 'm very excited to go back home for a short while....

It is amazing how many emotions, challenges, questions and discomfort acculturation can bring up! Even after the 3rd acculturation process, I am still struggling to peacefully dive into the unknown ... Imagine how much those who are not white, bilingual, well educated, may struggle! It is definitely a reminder of how much hardship refugees are faced with when they find refuge to our countries. It helps to put into perspective my own reality...

No comments: