Friday, August 24, 2007

I have a home!

Today was a big day! I finally received my 9 boxes from my UPS shipment with all my personal belongings! I must say that it was quite an ordeal to get to the UPS warehouse and clear them from customs. I'm learning how to get by without a car and when some locations are without good public transportation you have to rely on taxis, which cost beaucoup dinero ;( Anyway, now things have been taking care of and my place feels more like home. I still need an internet connection, some shelves, lamps and dishes and I'm ready to host! :)

I live few meters away from a very convenient metro station with lots of shops around. The place is becoming more cosy everyday. I haven't moved in yet but will next week.

I wonder who will be the first person to visit?....

3 comments:

John said...

I'm afraid my next international destination will be to visit my folks down in Mexico. Their house is finished now and they have a guest room for O and I to stay in!

Unknown said...

Carole, its so good to hear that you are settling in. I can't wait to see you and wonder how far Montreal is from Rochester, N.Y., where I have to go sometime this fall to see some family...we shall see who the first vistor is!

Janie said...

Ahhhh, my sister! This Blog site is wonderful! The pictures you included of Montreal remind me of Paris, but without the cathedrals. I can't wait to address you as Dr. Vacher...so keep up the hard, great work!!!
xoxo