Sunday, September 23, 2007

Catching up on the last 2 weeks!

School:
School has been kicking my ass! At first I thought my French was rusty and it was the reason why I did not understand the different readings. In reality, it's more about the complexity of the content since I'm not the only French speaking student who does not understand it! My knowledge in philosophy is pretty poor and I'm learning about phenomenology, hermeneutic etc..

As weird as it can seem for some people, I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the University of Montreal which is similar to the French system. Since my program is a joint one, I'm able to compare some of the differences between the two schools. So far, I'm not very impressed with the University of Montreal and I am considering transferring to McGill next year. The Anglo-Saxon system is more structured and supportive, which definitely suits me much better.
I know I just started school 2 weeks ago and I'm already starting to complain! But when it's about your $$ and your time you want the best conditions to achieve your goals!

Work:
I finally found out how much I am making for my research assistant position and oh my gosh I feel so poor again! I have not been paid at that rate for maybe 20 years! I feel like going back in time! Not a good feeling! Potatoes and pasta for lunch and dinner!

























Life in Montreal:
Fall is here! It's still pretty warm but the trees are starting to change colors!

The city is beautiful! It's so ethnically diverse and vibrant! I'm getting to know more people which of course feels great! I love speaking both languages depending on who I talk to or which neighborhood I'm in. I started a kick boxing class that I really enjoy! I need to get some physical activity with all that cerebral masturbation!






Yesterday I watched my first dragon boat competition and it was so much fun! I'm thinking of joining a team next spring!









Romance:
Well, I should be open to meet someone again in few months once I'm a bit more adjusted to this new beginning!

3 comments:

John said...

Good to hear your updates... and nice job on posting pics (both your own and those stolen from the web.) The foliage looks beautiful.

Walaka of Earth 2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walaka said...

You would make an awesome dragon-boater!