Friday, September 7, 2007

What am I doing?

Today I met with my PhD advisor and I started having some doubts about the choice I made to go for a PhD... I felt overwhelmed with the amount of work that is waiting for me!


I questioned myself if I will be indeed able to write a dissertation! It feels daunting, overwhelming, scary etc...!



Many doubts, fears, questions and after a while I realized once more that I made the right choice. I could not have continued doing what I was doing in Seattle. Nothing was no longer holding me back in Seattle including no long term significant other. Therefore, it was the perfect time to finally make the jump and try a new adventure to feel inspired again, focus on the work that has always passionated me and contribute to a field of research that is so essential to me, which is ethnopsychiatry and more specifically mental health and refugee. It seems that I may need to have a pretty ascetic life for a while, a long time, until my PhD is over.... 3 years more ...? Gosh I hope not ;( It feels like life will only be about reading, writing, reading, writing... What about the rest? Like meeting the right dude? ... Life will tell as it unfolds page after page, chapter after chapter like this new one that just started ....


1 comment:

Walaka said...

Heh- I just love the illustrated post. Cool.

And no worries, mate - you'll be having a ball in no time, I'm sure, working hard and all.